Does That Sound Like a Better Way? - 09/10/2018
U.S. Compliance Systems, Inc.
Monday, September 10, 2018
Does That Sound Like a Better Way?
When a company goes out looking for a safety program it’s usually for a specific reason, so they look for a program that will meet their current needs.
Some of the more common reasons companies look for safety programs include: putting an end to accidents, lowering their Experience Modification Rate (EMR), eliminating costly OSHA citations, meeting jobsite safety requirements, and meeting third party safety prequalification requirements.
But then for one reason or another something comes up and they find the current program they have won’t work.
But maybe there’s a better way.
Having one safety system that will allow you to meet all those requirements, keeps everything simple and cost effective while helping to make sure you’re ready for anything that comes your way regarding of workplace safety and compliance.
Does that sound like a better way? If so, here are 4 simple, but very effective, steps to developing a safety program system that will do just that.
For those of you who have been reading Safety E-QuickTips for years, these 4 steps won’t be new to you, but maybe you’ll gain a better understanding of their value.
- Establish safety policies and procedures that will meet OSHA, client and third-party prequalification requirements.
- Communicate those policies and procedures to your employees.
- Perform regular and frequent workplace safety inspections
- Enforce your safety policies and procedures with your employees.
If you establish a safety system that meets these 4 simple but effective steps, you can meet every safety requirement that comes your way.
Now I know some of you may be thinking some or all these 4 steps are not that simple.
You’re not a safety person and you don’t have any idea where to start when it comes to establishing safety polies and procedures or communicating them to your employees.
You might be able to perform a safety inspection, but what will you look for?
And since you really don’t understand these safety policies and procedures yourself, how could you ever enforce them with your employees?
Well, I’m here to tell you it’s not that difficult if you go about it in the right way. I’ll start showing you a better way next week.
Have you just received your first Safety E-QuickTip or just want to take a look at 300+ past issues? Check out our Safety E-QuickTips Archive Page on our website.
If you know of someone or a company that might benefit from receiving Safety E-QuickTips, please take a moment to share this with them so they can sign-up today.
Thanks for Reading and Please - Work Safe This Week!
U.S. Compliance Systems, Inc.
Receive Safety E-Quick Tips First Thing Monday Morning 4:30 EST
Latest Archived 2018 - Safety E-Quick Tips
- 12/26/2018 - Happy New Year
- 12/17/2018 - A Blast From The Past
- 12/10/2018 - It's Just The Smart Thing To Do
- 12/03/2018 - And That's When It Really Counts
- 11/26/2018 - It's Always Better To Be Safe Than Sorry
- 11/19/2018 - With All Those Extra Distractions...
- 11/12/2018 - Here Are Some Tips To Help Prevent...
- 11/05/2018 - Whatever the Case May Be, Before You Choose...
- 10/29/2018 - What a Difference a Minute Makes
- 10/22/2018 - It's Not Just What You Know When It Comes to Workplace Safety...