Why Not Consider One Safety System - 09/04/2018
U.S. Compliance Systems, Inc.
Tuesday, September 4, 2018
Why Not Consider One Safety System
So, we are a couple weeks into reviewing ways for you to simplify workplace safety that will help you protect your employees and your company's future.
If you're starting in the middle of this series and would like to see where we began, check out our Safety E-QuickTips Archive Page.
Last week we reviewed a quick 4 step approach to understanding where you are with workplace safety and compliance. They included: 1. A review of what you are doing in the way of putting on safety meetings, maintaining a safety program, meeting third party prequalification safety requirements, workplace safety inspections and more.
2. Pulling together any information you have regarding your current safety policies and procedures. This could be a safety program or any other safety related information you have used to put together regarding safety.
3. Listing everyone that has been involved in the development and implementation of your safety program.
4. Locating documentation of your safety efforts. This could include items like training documentation, completed safety meetings with sign-in sheets, completed OSHA 300 Logs (last 3 years), current EMR, workplace safety inspections and employee safety enforcements.
One thing I forgot to mention last week is that you don't need to make this process more difficult than it must be. I would recommend keeping your review to just 1 year back other than the OSHA 300 log. If you've been documenting things like safety meetings and inspections and you've been consistent in your efforts, I would only put together the last few months' documentation for review.
This should give you plenty of information to determine where you currently are today.
Now, for those of you who haven't been doing much or anything to this point with workplace safety or compliance, don't be too hard on yourself. The fact that you are reading this means you are moving in the right direction.
Now the question for today is what would you like to accomplish when it comes to workplace safety and compliance?
Are you looking for a way to put an end to accidents, lowering your EMR or eliminating costly OSHA citations? Or are you looking for a way to meet jobsite safety requirements or meeting third party safety prequalification requirements?
Whatever your reason may be - why not consider one safety system that will allow you to meet all those requirements?
Wouldn't that make sense?
That keeps everything simple and cost effective while helping to make sure you're ready for anything that comes your way in regards of workplace safety and compliance.
If this sounds like a direction you believe will work for you and your company, next week I'll give you 4 simple but very effective steps to developing a safety program system that will do just that.
Until then remember, taking a proactive approach to work place safety and compliance is the best way to protect your employees and your company.
Have you just received your first Safety E-QuickTip or just want to take a look at 300+ past issues? Check out our Safety E-QuickTips Archive Page on our website.
If you know of someone or a company that might benefit from receiving Safety E-QuickTips, please take a moment to share this with them so they can sign-up today.
Thanks for Reading and Please - Work Safe This Week!
U.S. Compliance Systems, Inc.
Receive Safety E-Quick Tips First Thing Monday Morning 4:30 EST
Latest Archived 2018 - Safety E-Quick Tips
- 12/26/2018 - Happy New Year
- 12/17/2018 - A Blast From The Past
- 12/10/2018 - It's Just The Smart Thing To Do
- 12/03/2018 - And That's When It Really Counts
- 11/26/2018 - It's Always Better To Be Safe Than Sorry
- 11/19/2018 - With All Those Extra Distractions...
- 11/12/2018 - Here Are Some Tips To Help Prevent...
- 11/05/2018 - Whatever the Case May Be, Before You Choose...
- 10/29/2018 - What a Difference a Minute Makes
- 10/22/2018 - It's Not Just What You Know When It Comes to Workplace Safety...