Anything Worthwhile Never Comes Easy - 11/13/2017
U.S. Compliance Systems, Inc.
Monday, November 13, 2017
Safety E-QuickTips is a weekly email designed to help Employers and Employees start their week with a short thought about safety in the workplace.
Anything Worthwhile Never Comes Easy
For the past few weeks we’ve been talking about how difficult it can be to implement your company safety program and 2 of the 4 steps you can take to help ensure your program’s success.
If you would like to go back and review what we’ve been talking about, check out our Safety E-QuickTips Archive Page on our website.
Today we’re going to talk about the last 2 steps beginning first with – how providing continued awareness of why the success of the program is important to everyone.
When we started this series I mentioned that studies have shown that it takes an average of 66 days for something to become habit and even that can vary widely from 18-254 days.
That means if you want to ensure your safety program continues to work for you, you will have to keep everyone in your company engaged in the process for a little more than two-thirds of a year just to make sure it becomes part of your company’s culture and continues for years to come.
To do that you will need to keep reminding everyone on a daily, weekly and monthly basis how implementing a company will benefit each of them.
Here are few ideas you might use. When properly implemented a safety programs will help protect your:
- Employees from hazards in the workplace – ensuring that they go home at the end of the day in the same shape the came to work.
- Company’s reputation by preventing OSHA citations.
- Profits from the high costs associated with accidents and OSHA citations.
I’m sure if you think hard enough you can add a few ideas of your own, so make sure to have them ready – you will need them.
Now let’s discuss last, but not least - why you should never let little setbacks get in the way of obtaining your goal.
You may have heard the expression that “anything worthwhile never comes easy.” Well when it comes to implementing a company safety program that protects your employees, company reputation and profits, there are bound to be a few setbacks and maybe even a little resistance along the way.
When you experience a setback or resistance you need to meet it head on and push through it or you may soon find the process derailed.
Remember, don’t let implementing your company safety program become like one of those New Year’s resolutions that come to an end before they even get started – get everyone in your company onboard and engaged in the process.
If you have just received your first Safety E-QuickTip or just want to take a look at past issues, check out our Safety E-QuickTips Archive Page on our website.
If you know of someone or a company that might benefit from receiving Safety E-QuickTips, please take a moment to share this with them so they can sign-up today.
Thanks for Reading and Please - Work Safe This Week!
U.S. Compliance Systems, Inc.
Receive Safety E-Quick Tips First Thing Monday Morning 4:30 EST
Latest Archived 2017 - Safety E-Quick Tips
- 12/26/2017 - You Must Complete it By December 31st
- 12/18/2017 - Workplace Safety Is Both Personal and Good Business
- 12/11/2017 - How To Put Together A Site Specific Safety Plan...
- 12/04/2017 - What Can We Do To Eliminate These Accidents?
- 11/27/2017 - Why Don't More Employers Have Safety Meetings... On A Regular Basis?
- 11/20/2017 - But Along With Everything I Look Forward To...
- 11/13/2017 - Anything Worthwhile Never Comes Easy
- 11/06/2017 - It Takes Planning And A Consistent Effort
- 10/30/2017 - What's In It For Me
- 10/23/2017 - And You Thought It Was Tough Getting Started