It Takes Planning And A Consistent Effort - 11/06/2017
U.S. Compliance Systems, Inc.
Monday, November 6, 2017
Safety E-QuickTips is a weekly email designed to help Employers and Employees start their week with a short thought about safety in the workplace.
It Takes Planning And A Consistent Effort
The success of a company’s safety program can be based on many things – lowering or eliminating accidents, low workers’ compensation costs, meeting bidding requirements and more.
Whatever your success is based on, you can rest assured that if you do not get everyone from the top down to the last employee involved or engaged in the program, your program will never really be successful.
So how do you keep everyone engaged to make your safety program a success?
Here are 4 Steps that will help:
- Clearly define your vision – Before people will
follow they need to know where they are going and why – it’s like a roadmap. We
talked about this in more detail last week in What’s in it for Me.
- Give them what they want and need – Make sure
your supervisors have the tools, training and support they need to keep the
process moving forward – and the same goes for your employees. You can’t expect the program to keep moving
forward if you’re not willing to give everyone what they need to get the job
- Communicate well and often – Use every and any
method that works in your company to communicate your vision and value of your
safety program - safety meetings, newsletters, emails, memos and safety
training. Ask for feedback regarding
your program and really listen to see if you can use it to make your program
better. Always remember communication
needs to go both ways.
- Implement an incentive program – People are motivated when comes to getting a reward. Rewards don’t have to be big or expensive, they just need to show that you appreciate everyone’s effort. They could be a pizza party, cash, clothing or gift cards. Get creative when it comes to your incentive program and ask for ideas from your employees.
For those of you that have been reading along for the past few weeks, I’m guessing you’re beginning to see that it takes more than just saying you’re going to implement a company safety program to make it happen – it takes planning and a consistent effort to ensure it becomes a reality.
It won’t be easy – but I can assure you that when it is well on its way, everyone will benefit.
Next week we’ll wrap up this series with the last 2 steps that will help ensure implementing your company safety program is a success.
If you have just received your first Safety E-QuickTip or just want to take a look at past issues, check out our Safety E-QuickTips Archive Page on our website.
If you know of someone or a company that might benefit from receiving Safety E-QuickTips, please take a moment to share this with them so they can sign-up today.
Thanks for Reading and Please - Work Safe This Week!
U.S. Compliance Systems, Inc.
Receive Safety E-Quick Tips First Thing Monday Morning 4:30 EST
Latest Archived 2017 - Safety E-Quick Tips
- 12/26/2017 - You Must Complete it By December 31st
- 12/18/2017 - Workplace Safety Is Both Personal and Good Business
- 12/11/2017 - How To Put Together A Site Specific Safety Plan...
- 12/04/2017 - What Can We Do To Eliminate These Accidents?
- 11/27/2017 - Why Don't More Employers Have Safety Meetings... On A Regular Basis?
- 11/20/2017 - But Along With Everything I Look Forward To...
- 11/13/2017 - Anything Worthwhile Never Comes Easy
- 11/06/2017 - It Takes Planning And A Consistent Effort
- 10/30/2017 - What's In It For Me
- 10/23/2017 - And You Thought It Was Tough Getting Started