These Are Just A Few Ideas... - 12/29/2014
U.S. Compliance Systems, Inc.
Monday, Dec 29, 2014
Safety E-QuickTips is a weekly email designed to help Employers and Employees start their week with a short thought about safety in the workplace.
These Are Just A Few Ideas...
It's that time again. Another year comes to an end and I hope this past
year has been a good one in both your business and personal lives.
When it comes to business this is the time when many of us look back to see what we've done right over the past year so we can continue to do them in the upcoming year. We may even take a little time to see what we did wrong in hopes that we don't make the same mistakes next year.
That being said I hope you will take a little time to reflect on your company's employee safety efforts. This is something we can and need to do.
You may be thinking that I am only talking about company management, well I'm not. I'm also talking about the employees.
And since I'm talking about everyone from company management to the employees, I believe it is a good idea for everyone to get together for the review or at least a few employees and management.
Here are three simple questions you may want to ask during your review of this year's workplace safety.
- As an employer or company management, what have you done this past year to help ensure your employees safety?
- As an employee what have you done this year to help ensure a safe work place for you and those working with or around you?
- What can each of you do better in 2015 to ensure the safe workplace for all employees?
During your review, here are a few items that I feel you should include in your discussion:
- The OSHA 300 Log for 2014, 2013 and 2012. If you don't complete an OSHA 300 Log because you have less than 11 employees, then I recommend you review any workers comp claims that required employees to have medical treatment. Accident investigation reports.
- Near miss incident reports.
- Employee training.
- Workplace inspections.
- Employee enforcements.
By reviewing the above information, you will be able to see:
- what type of hazards your employees are exposed to
- if there is there a consistent trend in the type of accidents your employees are experiencing
- if you are providing the right training to protect your employees from hazards in your workplace
- if management is recognizing hazards during their inspections
- if employees are being held accountable for workplace safety
These are just a few ideas that I believe will help you get started with your employee safety review for 2014 and I'm sure you can think of a few more that might be relevant to your company.
Please take a little time at the end of this year or at the first of next year and set down together to help make 2015 the safest year possible for your employees and those working with and around them.
Have you just received your first Safety E-QuickTip or just want to take a look at past issues? Check out past issues of Safety E-QuickTips on our website.
Thanks for Reading and From All of Us at US Compliance Systems, Please - Have a Safe and Happy Holiday Season!
U.S. Compliance Systems, Inc.
Receive Safety E-Quick Tips First Thing Monday Morning 4:30 EST
Latest Archived 2014 - Safety E-Quick Tips
- 12/29/2014 - These Are Just A Few Ideas...
- 12/22/2014 - Drinking and Driving Don't Mix
- 12/15/2014 - Wouldn't It Be Great To Know Before Your Workday Begins...
- 12/08/2014 - Luck Was On Their Side...
- 12/01/2014 - Just 5-10 Minutes A Week Is All It Takes...
- 11/24/2014 - Why Is It That These 2 Stories...Ended So Differently For One Than The Other?
- 11/17/2014 - I've Been Doing It This Way For The Past__Years!
- 11/10/2014 - How Does This Relate To Employee Safety?
- 11/03/2014 - Many Employers Believe They Have To Spend Their Time Trying to "Reinvent The Whe
- 10/27/2014 - Working Safely Is Not Just About You