Drinking and Driving Don't Mix - 12/22/2014
U.S. Compliance Systems, Inc.
Monday, Dec 22, 2014
Safety E-QuickTips is a weekly email designed to help Employers and Employees start their week with a short thought about safety in the workplace.
Drinking and Driving Don't Mix...
With the holiday season in full swing, it's always important to remember that drinking and driving don't mix and if you choose to do so, the consequences could be deadly for you or even someone else.
With more employees attending holiday office parties and getting together with friends to celebrate the season, we are provided with temptations that could lead to a dangerous driving situation.
And that is alcohol consumption.
Here are a few facts you should know about alcohol:
- Drinking on an empty stomach will allow alcohol to enter your bloodstream must quicker.
- A 12 oz. can of beer has roughly the same amount of alcohol as a 6 oz. glass of wine or a 1.5 oz. shot of whiskey.
- Drinking coffee won't speed up the time it takes for alcohol to leave your system.
- You should always know how much alcohol is in what you are drinking. Mixed drinks and holiday punch might cause you to consume more alcohol than you think.
You should always know how much alcohol is in what you are drinking. Mixed drinks and holiday punch might cause you to consume more alcohol than you think.
If you or your company is hosting a party where alcohol will be served, you need to ensure that all your guests have a designated driver to make sure they get home safely or that they call a cab. It is also a good idea to have plenty of non-alcoholic drinks available for your guests.
Remember, your daily commute is hazardous enough without adding alcohol to the problem.
So please don't drink and drive!
Keep your holidays safe and festive, but don't allow a poor choice to ruin the holidays for you, fellow employees, or others around you.
Have you just received your first Safety E-QuickTip or just want to take a look at past issues? Check out past issues of Safety E-QuickTips on our website.
Thanks for Reading and From All of Us at US Compliance Systems, Please - Have a Safe and Happy Holiday Season!
U.S. Compliance Systems, Inc.
Receive Safety E-Quick Tips First Thing Monday Morning 4:30 EST
Latest Archived 2014 - Safety E-Quick Tips
- 12/29/2014 - These Are Just A Few Ideas...
- 12/22/2014 - Drinking and Driving Don't Mix
- 12/15/2014 - Wouldn't It Be Great To Know Before Your Workday Begins...
- 12/08/2014 - Luck Was On Their Side...
- 12/01/2014 - Just 5-10 Minutes A Week Is All It Takes...
- 11/24/2014 - Why Is It That These 2 Stories...Ended So Differently For One Than The Other?
- 11/17/2014 - I've Been Doing It This Way For The Past__Years!
- 11/10/2014 - How Does This Relate To Employee Safety?
- 11/03/2014 - Many Employers Believe They Have To Spend Their Time Trying to "Reinvent The Whe
- 10/27/2014 - Working Safely Is Not Just About You