Kept it Simple - Keep Them Safe - 12/05/2016
U.S. Compliance Systems, Inc.
Monday, December 5, 2016
Safety E-QuickTips is a weekly email designed to help Employers and Employees start their week with a short thought about safety in the workplace.
Keep it Simple - Keep Them Safe
It seems like every year we find a few more ways to complicate employee safety, making it more and more difficult to get both employers and employees on board with the program.
Why is it that we think making something more difficult to implement makes it better? I wish I had the answer to that, but I don't.
But I do understand that if you communicate the importance of workplace safety on a regular basis and keep it simple and to the point, you will see a safer workplace for everyone.
If you haven't already tried it, why not follow these few simple steps to get started?
You could start with:
- A 5-10 minute safety meeting (tool box talk, tailgate meeting, etc.) discussing just 1 specific safety topic that is relevant to the work that is being performed.
- Putting together a short safety employee handbook on safety that you can provide to employees when they first start working with your company. (These are also good for existing employees.)
- Reminding employees that are working in an unsafe manner that their safety is important to you and that you expect them to follow company policies on workplace safety.
I could go on, but again, we want to keep it simple so I'll just start with a few ideas and you can add to the list if you would like.
There is no question that a safe workplace benefits both employees and the company.
Remember - the key to workplace safety is to protect your company's most valuable asset - Your Employees.
So, Keep it Simple - Keep Them Safe.
And don't forget to document all your safety training efforts with a short description of what was discussed and have everyone who is in attendance sign it. If you don't have a formatted sign in sheet, just use a piece of paper with the time and date with a short description of what was discussed. It will work just as well as the formatted sheet.
Have you just received your first Safety E-QuickTip or just want to take a look at past issues? Check out our Safety E-QuickTips Archive Page on our website.
If you know of someone or a company that might benefit from receiving Safety E-QuickTips, please take a moment to share this with them so they can sign-up today.
Thanks for Reading and Please - Work Safe This Week!
U.S. Compliance Systems, Inc.
Receive Safety E-Quick Tips First Thing Monday Morning 4:30 EST
Latest Archived 2016 - Safety E-Quick Tips
- 12/27/2016 - Recordable Injuries in 2016
- 12/19/2016 - So If You Are An Employee or An Employer Do Your Part...
- 12/12/2016 - This is the Time of the Year...
- 12/05/2016 - Kept it Simple - Keep Them Safe
- 11/28/2016 - Give Thanks For Where We Are Today...
- 11/21/2016 - It Will Be a Win/Win For Everyone
- 11/14/2016 - ... The Way They Handled Their OSHA Inspection Did More Harm Than Good
- 11/07/2016 - So Why is it That Some Are Willing to Take Chances...
- 10/31/2016 - There is No Question That a 97% On A Quiz Or a Test Is Pretty Good...
- 10/24/2016 - I Do Think That If You Do Something...